Re: [Evolution] building from cvs

On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 20:02, Colin Walters wrote:
or do what I do which is:

install gal/gtkhtml into /opt/gnome
link /usr/lib/galConf.sh -> /opt/gnome/lib/galConf.sh (the same for
gtkhtmlConf.sh)
install evolution into /opt/gnome

Interesting.  Could I just change the /usr/lib/galConf.sh link for when
I'm compiling evolution?  In other words, is the /usr/lib/galConf.sh
script consulted at runtime at all?  I don't want to break my existing
installation of GNOME 1.4 and Evolution 1.0.5 (i'm using all of GNOME
from the Debian packages, except for evolution itself where I added my
Evolution patches in).

gnome-config is only called at autogen.sh/configure time, AFAIK. So,
yes, it's safe to only have the link while compiling.

anyway, just don't install libgal-dev, if you're on debian. I've had
several libgal* installed, with no problems. Now:

ii  libgal19       0.19.2-2       G App Libs (run time library)
ii  libgal2-0      0.0.3-2        G App Libs for GNOME2 (run time
library)
ii  libgal2-0-data 0.0.3-2        G App Libs for GNOME2 (data files)
ii  libgal2-0-dev  0.0.3-2        G App Libs for GNOME2 (development
files)

and this is a freshly-installed system, with almost GNOME2-only
apps/libs. In my previous system, I had more libgal*, and everything
worked fine, since the packages that use other versions of libgal, do
link correctly with the libgal.so.x.x.x file.

and all this with gal CVS installed in /opt/gnome

cheers
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com>