Re: [Evolution] Arbitrary (way to modify) 'From' when composing

On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 14:47, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

I have a few disabled accounts defined just to allow me to wear
different "hats" in my IT role, such as IT, Postmaster, Abuse,
Hostmaster, etc. Allowing my primary account to use aliases would
eliminate the need for all the excess account info.

How? you already have the accounts created, if we changed it you would
just have to create it again and it wouldn't have solved a thing.

Your assumption is that I've created all the accounts I'll ever want. In
fact, I've avoided using good reply addresses because it's so painful to
make a dummy account just to hold one piece of information, the
alternate alias I want replies to come back to.

Also - have you given any thought to how this would be presented to the
user in the composer? I doubt it.

Your telepathy isn't working very well. I've been giving a great deal of
thought to how it should work.

How about this: I should be able to copy an existing account and then
edit the copy. And in case you're having trouble figuring out how that's
supposed to work, you put a Copy button after the Edit button in the
account list page, open an account edit dialog with the information from
the copied account and the name blank.