Re: [Evolution] Sound over network.

On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 16:50, Tig Kerkman wrote:
Evolution version 1.0.8.99

If I have am launching evolution from a remote sever with ssh/rsh, and I
would like to bring sound with me.  How can I do this, I know nothing
about espeaker??

You need 'esd' on your local computer to be set up to accept incoming
connections (with the -port command), and then you need to export
ESPEAKER=[ip address of local computer]:[port].

I've never tried this so things probably aren't that simple. Try
http://www.tux.org/~ricdude/docs.html

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton