Re: [Evolution] opening messages in the Outbox

On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 17:10, Jean-Marc V. Liotier wrote:
On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 20:06, Tim Lee wrote:

I was wondering why when you open a message in Evolution's Outbox,
Evolution actually creates a new copy of the message for you to edit.
This behavior seems a little counter intuitive, I was expecting
Evolution to open the original message. This behavior may not be a
problem in the Drafts folder [..]

Actually, I found it to be counter intuitive even in the Drafts folder,
but it is only my opinion. In any case, it is a safe behavior because it
prevents overwriting, so one may think twice before altering it. Maybe
add a "what to do after editing a message" option defaulting on "save as
a copy, don't touch the old version" and switchable to "overwrite the
old version".

Or maybe something more in line with the current "composer" tab of the
"mail settings" dialog : a "save a copy of an edited message" checkbox
defaulting on the checked state.

You can only append to mail folders, you can't edit data in place.  This
is forced upon us by the way mail works.