Re: [Evolution] Addressbook Bug in Evo 1.0.7?

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 19:25, Christian Schömer wrote:
Hello,

I've been using Evolution for more than half a year now and I'm really
happy with it.
But lately I observed some strange things...
Here at home, I'm running Evo 1.0.4 on SuSE 7.3 (Yes, I know there's
1.0.8... but I'm lazy, okay?)
Now at the company I was given a new freshly installed workstation
running SuSE 8.0 and Evo 1.0.7 (installed via SuSE update). I copied my
~/evolution directory to the new workstation and everything seemed fine
at first.
1) If I open a certain contact in the contacts component I get:
     "Application "evolution-addressbook" (process xxx) has crashed
     due to a fatal error.
     (Segmentation fault)
   It's weird because I can mark the contact and export it but I can't
   open it. It works fine at home with Evo 1.0.4. Why could that be?

I think some suse packages were built with the wrong version of libdb.
It must be libdb 3.1.17.  For exactly this reason - that the db files
are version independent.

Note also that copying of the db file is not generally guaranteed to
work anyway.  I dont know if the contact system provides an
export/import mechanism as an architecturally neutral transport format.

2) This may seem somewhat bogus. On my home machine Evo presents itself
   in German. It does not at work and I simply don't know how to change
   Evo's mind. Any suggestions? (I think the machine at the office lacks
   Gnome.)

Are you setting the local stuff properly?

Finally, I have a minor request: Could you add an option to the
configuration settings to start Evo in off-line mode? It would save me
one click everytime I start Evo.

That bug just got fixed in 1.1.x.