Re: [Evolution] Importing iCal files?

On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 13:49, Damon Chaplin wrote:
On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 13:29, Scott Garman wrote:
On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 09:44, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 15:29, Scott Garman wrote:
Can evolution import iCalendar files? If not, is there a project to
convert ical to vcal?

yes, it can import iCalendar files. Just select File->Import and select
the ical file you want to import.

Ah...I see the option now. For some reason, evo still won't import it.
I'll try experimenting with the ical file and see what's wrong with it.

Which Evolution version do you have?
I think iCalendar importing was broken in 1.0, and fixed in 1.0.1.

Hi Damon,

I was using 1.0.1. I just upgraded to 1.0.2, which I noticed was just
released, and tried again. No luck. Here's what happens:

When loading the .calendar file, and not selecting the file type, it
says "There is no importer that is able to handle <home>/.calendar."

When loading the .calendar file, and selecting the icalendar format, it
says "Error loading <home>/.calendar."

In the second case, evolution also gives this error when I start it from
a terminal:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1179 (gtk_object_unref):
assertion `object->ref_count > 0' failed.

Is there any way I can help debug this further? This user has been using
ical for a long time, so it's likely that there could be an error in his
calendar file that ical is able to ignore. His .calendar file is about
150 kb, and from the header in the file it uses Calendar v2.0.

Thanks,

Scott

--
Scott A. Garman