Re: [Evolution] /home/$user/evolution question

On 25 Jan 2002, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:

On Fri, 2002-01-25 at 19:15, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
    Evolution is currently setup to put all of you configs and email into
    the /home/$user/evolution folder. Is there a way in a config/menu to
    configure this to use a hidden dot directory (like
    /home/$user/.evolution/)?

    I have yet to find anything in the configs that leads me to think that I
    can set that.

  Indeed, that's not configurable in 1.0.x.

I vote for an environment variable, EVOLUTION_MAIL which is to be used
first (or when  ${HOME}/evolution does not exist :-? )

Which is as simple as:

char* evodir=getenv("EVOLUTION_MAIL");

I must say I like this proposal. The evolution/ folder bugs me a bit (but
I'm already happy it's not Ximian/Evolution/ - the M$-way ;) ), it'd be
cool to put it in .evolution (or whatever). This can't be so hard to do...

While I'm at it, well, I'd like to nag about the forced sigdash appending,
and the fixed line wrap at the 72th pos. It's not too much of a problem, I
patch it out before compilation, but well, since I was already nagging... :)

I don't want to give the wrong impression, Evolution runs pretty stable on
my machine, and it looks good - I'm generally very satisfied with it. Keep
up the good work!

  wouter

PS: Did somebody try mixed use of mailboxes for Evolution and Pine? I'd
like to stop running an imapd for localhost... :)