Re: [Evolution] Ximian breaks Gaim

On 18 Jan 2002, Ed Weinberg wrote:
I downloaded and compiled Gaim.  My compiled code works.  The RH RPM is
still broke.

The RH RPM is probably complied against old versions of the libraries that
ship with Evo.  You'll either have to stay with the RH RPMs and not use
Evo, or compile the occassional problem program that breaks with the new
RPMs.

On the other hand, you might be able to force-install some of the older
dependency RPM's, especially if they are just library versions that are
different.  Just reinstall the new versions afterward to get the stub
library link back to the new version instead of pointing at the old one.

--Mark