[Evolution] Source Filtering Problem + Work Around

Hello,

Over the past few months I've been reporting a source filtering bug that
I'm consistently seeing even with Evolution 1.0.1 now.

To make sure that it wasn't just my machine I replicated the problem on
a separate Mandrake 8.1 box, and demonstrated the potential bug to some
friends at tonight's Linux user group meeting.

The problem is that no matter how many times I have checked/rechecked,
and recreated source filters - they never work.

A work around that was recommended to me was to create a Regex filter
and filter match according to the message header:

where <my email> is substituted for either a unique part of the email
address (e.g j.tan of j tan bigpond com). Alternatively the complete
mail address with a "mail" suffix after the domain name (e.g
j tan mail bigpond com).

This is a workaround and it's not perfect because mail, received through
a non-evolution client, that have been imported in - will not have a
X-Evolution-Source component in the header. Thus, mail of this type will
not be able to be filtered according to the work around mentioned above.

AFAIK the source filtering has an unresolved problem in my book.

Cheers,
Joseph Tan