Re: [Evolution] IMAP niggles

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 11:26, Eamonn Hamilton wrote:
When a new message is received, either polled or manually, it doesn't
show up in the Inbox unless you click to another folder and then click
back into the Inbox.

This is related to the IMAP notifications.  IMAP reports new messages at
funny times - especially UoW IMAP -- for example when you leave the
folder.  I've noticed that Evolution is a lot more reliable on IMAP
since I have changes from UoW IMAP to Courier-IMAP.

Also, the "Hide read messages" seems only to apply
to anything which has been read previously, not anything which you read
after setting it.

'Hide read messages' is not a toggle but an action, it will hide all of
the read messages.  I agree that it should be a toggle but the
implementation would be rather tricky - once a message has been looked
at for a few seconds it is marked as read, which means that it should be
hidden.  If a message is hidden you can't read it...  Maybe it should be
a toggle which updates the message list on a selection change, so that
the current message is not removed from the list.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                     Software Engineer
OneEighty Software Ltd          Tel: +44 20 8680 8712