Re: [Evolution] Wierd "clear" behavior

On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 03:33, Janus Christensen wrote:
On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 06:42, Xavier Bestel wrote:
le jeu 07-02-2002 à 01:33, Zot O'Connor a écrit :
When I hit Search->clear (evolution-1.0.2-ximian.1) now, I get a partial
listing.

It *seems* like the last entry is the last entry in the previous
searched field, but with a random assortment of other mail.

If I hit find now, I get everything.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes. Had to hit 'clear' a second time

I have sort of the same problem. When I select 'clear' I get an empty
mail listing. Selecting 'clear' again, gives me all the messages. I have
seen this in VFolders; don't know about regular folders, though.

I've found that the searches "stack"; that is, if I do a search, and end
up with a subset (maybe 0) of the messages, and I do another search, it
just restricts the results *of the first search*.  So if 0 results were
returned from the first search, the second will always return 0.
Hitting "clear" pops the stack, so if you've done 2 searches, you have
to do two clears before getting back to the full list.

But this is only my impression; I'm not absolutely positive.

   - Ian