Re: [Evolution] "Cannot initialize the Ximian shell" after "su"

On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 00:49, Gerald Champagne wrote:
I did check the archive.  I saw that you posted a question on Dec 9
right here:

http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2001-December/015609.html

Your issue didn't sound the same.  My system works perfectly when I log
in as me.  It's only when my wife is logged in and I run Evolution from
a terminal after su'ing to my account.  It happens every time with 1.01.

Maybe I should have phrased it a little differently...

I just switched to a new install of Redhat 7.2 and updated everything
with Red Carpet.  Why can't I just open Evolution and have it "just
work" with the stable version of Evolution in Red Carpet?  If it doesn't
"just work" is that a bug worth filing?  I gave a very simple method of
reproducing the bug on a very common platform.

I don't know why red carpet or up2date, or Redhat install doesn't work
but I do know that they aren't updating all the Mozilla dependencies.
Using these tools to upgrade and downgrade Mozilla will not synchronize
all the parts to the same version. During the process, mozilla,
mozilla-mail, mozilla-psm, and nautilus-mozilla were were changed, but
never synced, and I had great trouble getting all mozilla to sync.  In
the end I need to visit rpmfind to get libnss3, required my Mozilla,
Evolution, Nautilus, and Galeon.

I still cannot see my conduits and must edit the files in
~/.gnome/gnome-pilot.d/conduits to change my evolution/gnome-pilot
settings.

RPMs in /var/cache/redcarpet/packages

mozilla-0.9.5-ximian.1.i386.rpm
mozilla-psm-0.9.5-ximian.1.i386.rpm
mozilla-chat-0.9.5-ximian.1.i386.rpm
mozilla-xmlterm-0.9.5-ximian.1.i386.rpm
mozilla-mail-0.9.5-ximian.1.i386.rpm
nautilus-mozilla-1.0.4-ximian.10.i386.rpm

RPMs from rpmfind
libnspr4-0.9.5-ximian.1.i386.rpm
libnss3-0.9.5-ximian.1.i386.rpm
--