Re: [Evolution] Lost Folder Namespace

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 12:54, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
Evolution didn't like that, so I connected using WebMail and subscribed
to folders again.  Went and look, and noticed that it used the "short"
notation (mailbox/Evolution from the example above).  So start up Evo,
remove the account (seems like changing the namespace for an existing
account does nothing - except cause mail component to crash), blow away
~/evolution/imap/*, re-add the account using "mailbox/" as the namespace
(since that was in the WebMail configuration).  Went to subscribe to
folders, and viola! it showed everything - and was already subscribed
(since I did that with the WebMail).  Went to the folder list.... same
as before.  I have an INBOX, Trash, and web.  Went back to the
subscribe, and picked a folder that I hadn't subscribed to, subscribed
to it, went to the folder list, and there it was.... under the "mailbox"
folder.  ARGH!  Exit, killev, oaf-slay, restart... back to just INBOX,
Trash, and web *&^%$!

I'll give it one more try and use the full path for the namespace and
see what happens.  I'll report when done cursing (no, I have no faith
that it will work - I've been *&^%ing with this for way too many hours).

Well, surprise, surprise.  Using "/home/67goat/mailbox" as the
namespace: Was able to subscribe folders, saw nothing in the folder bar
except for INBOX, Trash, and web.  Restarted Evo, segfault in mail
component.  Blasted the processes, restarted, now just INBOX and Trash.
Yup, they're still listed as subscribed.  So I decided to do a trick, I
blasted the processes, went into ~/evolution/mail/imap/67goat*/folders
and created a folder called 300ZX (which exists in the namespace, and is
subscribed to).  Restart Evo twice (crash the first time), now 300ZX
shows, but if I try to access it, it says "imap://67goat pocket0/300ZX
does not exist".

Basically, some code is NOT respecting the namespace, since it should
have been included in the path (like:
imap://67goat pocket0/home/67goat/mailbox/300ZX), since THAT is where it
is in my namespace.

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger