[Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution and pilot conduits

On Tue, 2001-09-25 at 06:07, Ron Smits wrote:
Morning,

I have been playing with evolution and the pilot conduits. I am using
pilot-link 0.9.5
gnome-pilot 0,1.61
Both as mentioned in the README

when synchronizing the calendar, this is what gets printed on the
console:

gpilotd-Message: Conduit ECalendar's first synchronization...
ecalconduit-Message:

ecalconduit-Message: pre_sync: Calendar Conduit v.0.1.5
ecalconduit-Message:     calling cal_client_open_calendar

ecalconduit-Message:   entering start_calendar_server_cb

ecalconduit-Message:     success

gpilotd-WARNING **: Synchronization failed!

and indeed nothing has been synced

Does a copy to or from the pilot work?

When synchronizing the addressbook all settings about a category are
ignored. Looking in evolution/addressbook/address-conduit.c I see that
the category is always set to 0 :(

We are not currently syncing categories because evolution can currently
have multiple categories per card and more than 15 (exceeding pilot
limits in both cases).  It shouldn't overwrite your existing catgeories
(if set).

-JP
JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com