[Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] working with evolution beta 3

On Sat, 2001-09-22 at 14:52, Ron Smits wrote:
Evening

I have been working with beta 3 for some days now. Most of the
possibilities are great, but of course I do have some remarks. The
sources are here on my system, if the powers that make this want me to
run tests or anything please let me know. I do not have the time to
delve into the sources but I can spend time on helping to find bugs.

Setup is a slackware 8 system with two imap accounts. Allthough I did
remove one account. evolution just was not able to work with an imap
account with over 130 folders and a flow of 800-1000 mails per day :(.
Just the registering of the folders took more then three minutes on a
900Mhz system.

        * after starting, messages in the INBOX are not filtered. After
          selecting all (CTRL-A) and then "apply filters" (CTRL-Y) are
          the messages filtered and moved to different folders. messages
          coming in after this do get filtered automatically

This one should be fixed for Beta 4 which is either released or
about-to-be-as-soon-as-packages-are-made.

        * When reading mail in another folder, incoming messages in
          INBOX do not get filtered. Selecting INBOX will filter the
          messages automatically after the selection of the mailbox

Not sure about this one, but I think it's also fixed for Beta 4?

        * leaving evolution running for more then 30 minutes makes it
          stop working the statusbar fills up with messages about
          generating UID, reading folder(..) and so on.

I haven't heard this one yet, so it may still be in Beta 4 - let us know
if it is.

        * doing a search recipients contains <something> on a 2000
          messages folder does not return anything. I had it run, went
          for a coffee and when I came back there was still nothing.
          Running it as a filter had the same effect

Yea, somehow this broke - it's not fixed in 0.14 but I will look into it
some more now that more pressing issues have been resolved.

        * every so often, after starting evolution, no messages are
          shown in the INBOX, stopping evolution and starting it again,
          fixes this

does Send & Receive update the folders?

        * filtering on maillinglist is broke, 6 out of 10 times it will
          not recognize a message.

Yea, unfortunately this code uses black magic. Are you creating the
mailing list filters by hand or by using the "Create Rule From Message"
menu? This really only works if you use the "Create From..." menu item.
If you used that, then there might be a bug somewhere.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hope this helps fixing stuff

Ron Smits