[Evolution] Old bug friend returns + stupid user mistake

I just installed the latest snapshot, and the shortcut bar no longer
shows the number of unread messages. I don't really feel like filing a
bugreport on this as there probably are a dozen older ones to reopen
instead.

Stupid user mistakes: the user is me. Yesterday, for some reason, the
mail process crashed every time I tried to visit one of my subfolders
(mbox format). This morning I got fed up with it and deleted all the
status and db files in the subfolder (but kept the mbox subdirectory).
Now, of course, evolution does no longer admit to the existence of that
subfolder. Now, how to restore the subfolder and get the mail back in?
Could I just create a new subfolder with the same name, then copy the
messages into mbox/new?

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Mr. Jan Morén                          Dept. of Cognitive Science
Tel. +46-046 222 8588                  Kungshuset, Lund
Fax. +46-046 222 9758                  S-222 22 Lund, Sweden