[Evolution] LDAP schema

As you might guess by my message, I'm new to LDAP. I have been trying
since yesterday to get evolution working with OpenLDAP 2.0.11 on Redhat
7.1 but haven't had any luck yet.

My problem seems that I need to tell my slapd server the schema that
evolution needs. (I am currently able to search my LDAP with a simple
query from the command line).

But I cannot find this schema anywhere. Also I think I need to better
understand SASL as it seems that my server is configured to use it. When
doing an ldapsearch from the command line, only when using the -x option
does the search work. Does aybody knows how to set it up on my client or
how to disable it at the present time as I will only be testing LDAP on
an Intranet for the moment.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pascal