[Evolution] Contact problems

Howdy,

I got sick of not being able to edit my contacts so I decided to follow
a previous posters' advice and export my contacts to VCard and then
re-import them.  I found a few issues:

- Right clicking on a contact and then trying to select 'Save as VCard'
you have to click on the menu item twice.  This seems to be true for all
of the menu times.

- The Save As... dialog opens in the root directory - and if you try to
export a second VCard it doesn't remember the directory you were last
ing, it goes back to /

- A file extension is not added to the file name specified.  They are
VCard files so they should have a .vcf extension.

- I know this is gnome and not Evolution, but can SOMEONE please create
a Save As dialog that doesn't delete the file name if you dare to change
directories.  How this bug/feature can exist for so long I just don't
understand.

- I first selected all of my contacts and exported them into a file.
When I tried to re-import them it failed.

- I then exported each of my contacts separately and tried to import
them one at a time.  This failed too.  In both cases all I got was a
dialog box saying 'Error loading /home/mlogan/tmp/vcards/al.vcf'

- I created a new contact and exported it.  I then deleted the contact
and tried to re-import it.  No good.

- I selected a contact and tried to Forward Contact.  This hung
evolution.  When I did 'killev' the compose window popped up briefly and
then disappeared (of course, since I killed it).  After restarting
Evolution and hitting compose, the Forward Contact compose window showed
up (good thing).

- After receiving the 'Forward Contact' email, I was able to
successfully save the contact into my address book.  However, there is
really no feedback after you hit the 'Save Contact in Addressbook'
button.

This was all with today's snapshot (9/12) on Mandrake 8.0 with a bunch
of Cooker stuff built in.

If any more info is needed, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark Logan