Re: [Evolution] Palm conduits on Debian

Beirne,

Just last week I finally got my Visor to  hotsync with Evolution on my
laptop (running Debian unstable), so this is pretty fresh in my mind.

You need to install pilot-link 0.9.5, and gnome-pilot 0.1.62. These are
probably only available in unstable at the moment.  That should get the
conduits to work in control center.  If you're using
gnome-control-center 1.5.7 from Ximian, make sure you've got the
control-center-plus package installed as well.

With this setup, I can sync my Visor with Evo.  However, the whole setup
is a bit unstable for me.  Synching will fail probably 50% or the time,
in which case I have to reset my visor and kill and restart the gpilotd
process.  I'm not sure if this is an issue with my hardware or what, but
if you've having similar problems I recommend doing a killall -9 gpilotd
and then running gpilotd from a terminal.  That will let you see its
debug output when you try to do a hotsync.  If you see messages along
the lines of "pi_accept timeout", you probably need to reset your Visor.

Abe