Re: [Evolution] Redhat 7.1 Ximian Gnome 1.4 and Evolution with MS Exchange

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 05:14:16PM -0500, Stephen M. Williams wrote:
On 02 May 2001 13:48:35 -0700, Taylor, ForrestX wrote:
I just installed Ximian Gnome 1.4, and used Redcarpet to install
Evolution .10, because I wanted to see if I could get my mail
(from MS Exchange 2000 servers) on my Linux box.  I can send mail
(using localhost), but I haven't yet been able to receive mail.
Does anyone know if this is possible?  I would really like to
switch my Win2k box to a Linux box ;o)

Forrest

IIRC, the Exchange server would have to be configured to use POP for
you to be able to retrieve mail with Evo.

IMAP will work as well.  Though, it would be really swell if I could
assign my sent and trash folders to an IMAP folder instead of a local
folder.  If I could do this and have real LDAP support, I would ditch
Netscape Mail in a real hurry in favor of Evolution.

BAPper