Re: [Evolution] first bug report

On 27 Mar 2001 15:31:27 +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:
At first thanks for the help received so far.

I am afraid I begin with an bug-report :
1. I ususaly sort my mails on date so that the recent mail appears at
the bottom of the list (this way pressing 'n' to read the next one
works). Unfortunately evo show the lists always from top (means I have
to scroll down first). Further if I delete mails (incluing the last=most
recent one) and press Ctrl-X it crashes (when I display recent mails at
top it does not).

My guess is that these are the new e-tree bugs, it's currently being
rewritten so there are a number of bugs here and there. Hopefully these
will be worked out in the next week or so.

2. when using gpg for sending encrypted mails it often freezes or even
crashes (signing works). In detail, it frezes before asking my for my
passphrase or crashes afterwards. I've been only once able to sende an
encrypted mail to myself.

Do you have everyone's keys in your keyring to whom you are encrypting
to? If not, it might be that gpg is prompting evolution for more data
but evolution doesn't have any way of knowing it's being prompted for
more information. This might be the cause of the hang. So make sure that
you have everyone in your keyring and that you have signed their keys,
etc.

I've got to figure out a better way of doing this but to be honest I
have no idea what I can do.

Finally a question. Is there a scripting interface or something like
that to evo available, as I e.g. would like to see all
birthdays/anniversaries in my calendar and would eventually try to do
this via a script.

There are CORBA interfaces to most of the components, though I think
that the mailer component is a bit lacking currently.

Jeff