[Evolution] Re: [HC Evolve] Evolutions looks like Outlooks, does it so that much too?

Tim:
  I assume you mean to ask whether Outlook has all of the features that
Evolution does. The answer is, no.  Outlook lacks a number of key
Evolution features.  For example, Outlooks searching is painfully slow
compared to Evolution's.  Also, Outlook relies on a proprietary .pst
file format, so
you can't read your Outlook mail from multiple mailers, or export mail
files to another mail system, the way you can with Evolution.  Outlook
is not totally iCal compliant, and it uses a broken and proprietary
version of the Kerberos authentication protocol.  And of course, Outlook
doesn't work on Unix or Linux systems.

Of course, Evolution is also missing a number of Outlook's features.  It
cannot use the Exchange protocol and therefore does not (yet) support
the features that Exchange offers.  We're working on that sort of
functionality though.

Yours,

Aaron Weber
Ximian, Inc.