[Evolution] slow decay of 2001012709?

When I started 2001012709 right after I downloaded it with the updater,
it ran for several hours without any errors, but over the last few hours
it seems to have got balkier and balkier. Mail-composer crashed when I
typed a reply, and now I've started seeing messages like these:

Bonobo-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL for app
evolution-message-composer

Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed!

** WARNING **: Cannot activate spell dictionary
(iid:OAFIID:GNOME_Spell_Dictionary:0.1)

gtkhtml-CRITICAL **: file gtkhtml-stream.c: line 59
(gtk_html_stream_write): assertion `buffer != NULL' failed.

Oh, and there are all those messages about IMLIB not being able to do
shmget.

I've quit evolution, followed by killev and even oaf-slay, but the
errors seem to be getting more and more frequent.

Is there some component that killev does not restart that could be
responsible for this?

Thanks

-- F