[Evolution] IMAP 'Get Mail' doesn't get mail..

I know this has come up before, but I can't seem to find a resolution:

When I hit 'Get Mail' in my IMAP inbox, Evolution doesn't seem to consistently
pick up new mail (mail a biff sez is there). Exiting and restarting makes
it appear, and occasionally, Expunging or other tricks seems to make it
appear. But I can't find a consistent way to do it (other than restarting).

Is this something I've screwed up ? There doesn't seem to be anything about
in the bug system..

        Thanks,

        John A.