Re: [Evolution] new user impressions

2.1. How can I get mail into a particular folder?  I have brian
      go to one maildir, brian-voicemail go to another maildir and
      brian-bugtraq go to yet another.  I'd like to define separate
      incoming mail servers for each and have each get incorporated into
      a different folder instead of them all going into Inbox.

This is what filters are for

Yeah, but he needs "filter on source" to work.

2.3 I got a wav file attachment (a voicemail) in a message.  I couldn't
      figure out how to play it without saving it.

I don't see why this is bad? I mean, Evo can't do *everything* :-)

To clarify, if you had some application on your system that advertised
(though the gnome-vfs MIME dbs) that it could handle that MIME type,
then Evolution would offer to let you open it in that app.

Or if you had a bonobo component that played sound, you could "view"
it inline.

2.7 Numbers.  I know that'll be controversial, but I get lost
      when scrolling around in a large list of messages.  Numbers would
      make nice landmarks.  It couldn't be on by default though, since
      it would confuse most people when the numbers change after they
      delete a message or resort the list.  Or maybe I'm just too
      used to MH.

Adding a "row" column to the ETable would be trivial. And the set of
columns shown is customizable. (Right click on the ETable headers and
choose "Field Selector" or whatever.)

They have to give at least the 3-digit reply code, I think.

Yes, but that's not always very useful :-)

But we should translate them.

-- Dan