Re: [Evolution] Need clarification (OT)

Bob:
  ftp.ximian.com and ftp.gnome.org don't have the same content because
they represent the fruits of the labor of different organizations.
Ximian, for example, might make a change to a particular application,
and submit the source to the maintainer.  We'll ship that patch right
away.  The maintainer might decide that it's not the direction they want
for their software, and might decide they like it.  But regardless, we
can't just include our patches in the canonical gnome.org tree without
checking with everyone else first.

  As to tarballs, I'm not aware that we actually ship them on a regular
basis at all.  If you want code at its most raw, there's CVS.  When we
package source to ship it, we just package it right on into srpms and
src-debs rather than tarballs.  There are probably source tgz files for
the solaris version, but I don't know if they'd build on anything else,
as they've been patched somewhat. (They might, of course-- I just don't
know that anyone's tried.)

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Yours,
Aaron Weber
Ximian, Inc.