Re: [Evolution] Cannot initialize Evolution shell.

Hi Michael,

        Thanks for your reply.  I tried both your ideas and both failed.
Understand that the program doesn't load at all and I haven't even seen it yet
(I'm really missing out).

        In the two terminal concept, I opened evolution-mail in one and
evolution in the other and got the same problem.  I then tried to run gdb
against evolution and all I got was this.

--snip--
[root tdn /opt/evolution/bin] gdb evolution
GNU gdb 5.0
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /opt/evolution/bin/evolution

Program exited with code 01.
(gdb)
--snip--

        Notice I have it installed under /opt.  Does that matter?

Thanks for your help so far.

-reid

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:39:30 -0500, Michael Leone said:

I've been searching the list for an answer, and no one has one.  This
 > is obviously an error the dev teams knows about since it generates a
 message.
 > Does anyone (dev team member) has any clue as to what this problem is.
 I've
 > tried both 0.8 and the CVS from 2 days ago and getting the same message.

 I'm not a devteam member, but I think maybe you need to provide more
 detailed running info.
 Based on previous posts I've seen, try this:

 Close Evolution.
 Open 2 terminals.
 In one, type "evolution-mail"; it will appear to just sit there.
 In the other, type "evolution; this will start the program.

 Each X-term will now show you the status messages that Evo generates while
 it's running. Try the "Compose" again, and copy the results from each window
 into an email and send those.

 Alternatively, you could try:

 Open an X-Term
 gdb evolution (this runs the debug tracer on Evolution)
 run

 Now try your compose window. Copy the output from the gdb window, and mail
 it to the list.