Re: [Evolution] cannot compile evolution

On Wednesday 07 February 2001 16:11, JP Rosevear wrote:
 > JP:

I got this error even with a version of gnome-libs and gnome-libs-devel
greater than 1.2.9. To get configure to run, I had to disable the check
for gnome-libs.

How did you install the new gnome-libs?  Source or package?  What output
does 'gnome-config --version' give?

%gnome-config --version
gnome-libs 1.2.11

I've installed gnome-libs and gnome-libs-devel from packages, several times.
I've used both the Mandrake 7.3 "Cooker" packages, and the ones from the
ximian site.

By the way, after this, it still wouldn't compile, because it couldn't
find e-pilot-utils.c. The reason I tried compiling instead of using a
binary package is because I want pilot link support.

This file is post 0.8 but it does exist in cvs atleast.  Can you provide
any more details?

-JP
Uh, no. The file just doesn't exist in the source tree I downloaded. The
source tree came from the Mandrake 7.3 "Cooker" source rpm for Evolution.

How do I go about using the Evolution cvs server? What is the server's
address?

Thanks.
--Tony