Re: [Evolution] issue: HTML pail with inline images

On Don, 2001-12-13 at 20:42, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
No, evolution *does* respect the inline disposition. I'm not sure why
it's not displaying it, but I can tell you that the mailer that wrote
those headers is broken with respect to MIME.

First off, a Content-Id value should be unique and *not* the name of the
image file.

Secondly, the Content-Disposition header is completely broken... it
should be "Content-Disposition" not "ContentDisposition".

Thirdly, the value after "inline;" should be
"filename=postcard-header.gif" not "postcard-header.gif" since
parameters must be in a name/value pair. We are rightfully parsing
"postcard-header.gif" as a parameter name that has no value.

Jeff

wow, thanks. that was fast :-))

It's quite possible that the mailer is broken: it's a java bean I wrote
... seems I have missed a few parts of the spec

thanks for those comments. They will help me a lot.

I was only irritated by the fact that (forget about outlook)
Netscape/Mozilla Mail client and also all web mail interfaces I tried
displayed the content correctlyn with all images

... back to work

Jens