RE: [Evolution] Ximian Connector?

How Ximian is percieved is very important to the open source community.
If they fail then noone will put up capital to help open source
companies get going and if they alienate the community by doing things
in ways the seem deceptive they will fail and we will all lose.

Good point, My first thought was why had I not heard of it, but then I
guessed I missed it as I seldom view the ximian website and teend to
skim my lists, offten ignoring announcemts that sound like they are not
for me (I use pop mail, work form home and expect to stay that way till
I retire, hopefully next year, but more likely not)

But, lets all take a deep breath, Ximian is at heart a young company,
founded by young folks like us, staffed mostly by young people, it all
adds up to a lot of energy and little experience.

I rememebr some of teh early ximian staff posts to teh evolution list
were a bit high handed (you guys listen to us type mails) but they have
settled down nicely...

I feel like Ximian are here for teh long haul, and that there was no
intentinal deception, and the fact that it looks like there might have
been probably means that next time there wont be...

Live and learn.

And I love evolution, it is sooooo needed!

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss