[Evolution] GnuPG encrypting messages

I've solved my last issue sending encrypted messages with Evo. The solution
was to ensure that "Always encrypt messages to myself" is checked. The next
issue is that I have not been able to encrypt a message to the user in the
"To:" section. They say they always receive it as encrypted for me, since
they are unable to decrypt it. Yet, when I specify "gpg -a -e r
user host com -r me myhost com" and enter a message on the command line,
they are always able to decrypt it. So, my question is one of understaning,
what must I do in order to use encryption and successfully have a user
decyrypt it? For anyone who wishes to try and help me, my public key will be
available at http://digitalroadkill.hn.org/keys/austin.hn-pub.asc and the
address to try sending me encrypted data to is
austin digitalroadkill hn org  Thanks in advance.

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA