[Evolution] address book woes

Hello,

I have been using Evolution for quite some time now.

The current beta2 version is very satisfactory except for one thing:

        I recently did a clean install of RedHat 7.1 on my machine, upgraded
gnome to Ximian 1.4 etc etc. I have been keeping everything up to date
with Redcarpet.

        My /home directory is on the server not the client machine. So
Evolution preferences were updated and not clean installed.

        This lost me my address book... And in fact I can't create a new one
because all the buttons are greyed out.

        Do I trash the evolution preferences folder and start over (mail
preferences work fine) or is there another sollution? No, changing View
does not help at all.

Cheers

Tony Grant

--