[Evolution] Movemail

I installed Evolution 0.5.1 via the helixcode installer program. I assume that
this installed all the correct versions of the dependencies.
My problme is that when I try to retrieve mail from my local
/var/spool/mail/brian
I get an error saying that "movemail failed" this happens every time I attempt
to retrieve local mail.
Pop mail works fine but since I use Hotmail as my main email address and have
Gotmail downloading my messages for me I need to have Evolution be able to
access my local spool.
Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong? The only settings that I have
changed from default are the addition of the pop & local mail accounts.

Thanks

Brian