[Evolution] POP weirdness- crash behavior

Hi. I just upgraded from 0.4.1 to 0.5.1 using the Debian packages.
I observed the following strange behavior, which I'm going to have
trouble replicating, but here goes.

- I upgraded using dselect.

- I ran "evolution" and tried to get my mail from a POP setup I'd
done with 0.4.1. Then I realized that my SSH tunnel wasn't
established. (In 0.4.1, I had Evo set up to check mail on local port
110, which is an SSH tunnel to a remote POP server.)

- I started the SSH tunnel and tried again to get my mail. I
mistyped my password, and tried again. This time I *know* I typed
the right password.

- BUG: I got the statusbar saying "checking mail on (hostname)" etc.
Then Evo told me that the mail client had crashed. The main window
cleared. I did a File/Exit, then 'killev', then ran Evo again.

- BUG: When I ran Evo again, I get a window with a menu that has the
following items:
        File: New > (submenu), Go To Folder, Create Folder, Exit
        Edit: (none)
        Settings: (none)
        Help: (standard Evo help menu)
The toolbar says "(none), and the lower part of the window has one
pane, "No Folder Displayed".

I resolved the interface issues (sort of) by toggling "Show Shortcut
Bar" and "Show Folder Bar" to on. I clicked on the inbox and
selected it. My taskbar came back when I did this, and I got a list
of messages.

So I tried to check my mail. "Get Mail" worked (once I put in the
right password ;) ) and the keyboard focus switched to the message
list. I hit down-arrow once, and got a crash. I can't replicate this
crash behavior, however.

srl
--
Shane R. Landrum         slandrum cs smith edu
Free software apprentice - advice welcome.