Re: [Evolution] Evolution 0.5.1 is still profoundly unstable on my system

    Dan> I assume  that all of this  is probably due to  the fact that
    Dan> there are evolution processes still running in the background
    Dan> and that they are  not communicating very well when evolution
    Dan> gets  launched again

  Yeah, as  a general  rule, you should  do a `killev'  before running
Evolution  again after  a  crash.  (Beware  that  `killev' requires  a
Linux-like version of  `killall' -- it won't quite  work right e.g. on
Solaris, and in that case you have to kill the processes by hand.)

  So, after  selecting the custom font, `killev'ing,  and then running
`evolution' again, do you still see the start-up crash?

    Dan> By the  way, after  running through all  this mess, I  have 3
    Dan> evolution-mail processes, one evolution-calendar process, and
    Dan> one wombat process going.   This doesn't seem right.  Why are
    Dan> there 3 mail processes running?

  There is only one evolution-mail  process, but it has three threads.
The threads get  separate PIDs, so that's why you see  them as if they
were three "processes".

--
Ettore