Re: procmail again, and Re: [Evolution] Filter and marking requests

Justin Mason wrote:

Misty Linville said:

This IMHO would be a big win (I hate those unintuitive .cf's and the lack
of notification when they suddenly stop working.)

The only downside I could see would be that my mail filing and
notifications would then require that Evo would be running; if Evo or the
X server crashed, none of the scripting actions would take place. Hmm...

Anyway, some thoughts,

I agree that the "gui" way of doing filters is easy, but -

Doesn't Evolution and other MUAs just do filtering at the client end,
but procmail can do the filtering on the server, so that if you are
accessing IMAP mailboxes from two or more different clients, you don't
have to set up duplicate filters on both clients?