Re: [Evolution] Comments on 0.4.1

Hello Ross,

thanks for the feedback.

* Offline IMAP support please?  something like Outlook Express 5 would
be very nice.

Dan is working on this as we speak.

* I am not sending HTML mail (disabled in Mail Config) but I still have
the HTML toolbar.

Well, basically the editor is always in HTML mode... I don't think this
is a major issue but yeah, maybe we need a non-HTML mode too.

* The folder bar at the top of the screen should be optional, as I know
what folder I am in as I have the folder list always open.

Hm, interesting idea, but I think the title bar should stay where it
is...

* The ability to associate an identity with each account would be very
handy, so when I check my home mail I can send mail from
ross burton mail com, but when I check work mail it uses
r burton 180sw com by default.

Maybe letting the composer remember what identity was used the last time
would be enough, at least for now...?

* Remember passwords please!

Do you mean across sessions? If so, I think this should be optional at
least.

* File -> Save in a new message crashed Evo.

Ooops. :-)

* Is there a way to turn off the debug output to the console?

No, but the messages will be gone when Evolution is stable.

* Drag-and-drop messages.

Planned.

* Customisable locations for draft, send mail etc, so I can store them
in the local folders or IMAP folders.

Yeah, this would be nice too.

--
Ettore