"Pre" mode word wrap: Was Re: [Evolution] Shortcut creation

Gregory Leblanc wrote:
p.s. The (lack of) word wrap problem still happens in "pre" mode but
works great in "Normal" mode.

It's not supposed to wrap in "pre" mode, that's a design feature.  What
I do (and what evolution should figure out how to do) is go into
"normal" mode by for stuff that I add to the message, rather than
keeping it in "pre" mode.  I've thought about this, but I can't figure
out an algorithm for determining when to go back to normal mode.

If I understand the comment correctly, I'd like to point to something
which might be useful.

I'm a former Mac user, Emailer was my program of choice until IE came
along and beat it's pants.  What each of those programs did was each
email has no "pre" mode. You only had one of two modes, "draft" or
"send."  While Netscape has a Edit as new command, it wastes my time
when I want to reread what I've written and maybe edit it and can't edit
it except by closing the window and reopen the email using Edit as new
menu choice. Here is how things should act and look:

New email: Edit mode, type away....
Send email: email saved for sending (paragraphs wrapped to 72
characters, etc.)
Viewing email (clicking on email to view): Paragraphs have been wrapped
for sending.
Opening ready to send email (double clicking to open): Opens up in edit
mode, but paragraphs remain wrapped to 72 characters. Edit away....
Send email: Paragraphs rewrapped to 72 characters

Having emails open up in a view mode adds another step in the process of
editing emails. The logic is that if I open it up, there is a good
chance that I want to edit it, so why make me go back to edit it?

Does this help?

Also, two features which I enjoyed in IE is "remove quotes" and "rewrap
paragraphs." I dislike sending emails which are jumbled up and were a
great features which I used daily.

Kevin