[Evolution] running calendar alone?

Should I be able to run the evolution components separately?
I tried and I just get

teton:~>90 evolution-calendar
XXXXXX - initializing calendar factory!!!

then it just hangs there.

For what it's worth, I think it would be nice to be able to
run the components separately.  I am not looking for a graphical
MUA as I have to access my mail remotely and remote graphics is too
slow at times.  (Though I think evolution is an important project.
I was glad to hear that the core parts and the GUI are being kept
separated--hopefully, there will be a text--or better yet curses--
based version.)  Nevertheless, I'm very much in need of a server-client
style calendar so I can access my calendar remotely.  I used to use
gnomecal, until I decided I can't help accidently overwriting my
own modifications.
--
Brian T.N. Gunney
gunneybtn home com