Re: [Evolution] gnome-print

On Tue, 30 May 2000, kevin myhome com wrote:
Can't get bonobo to install
checking for GnomePrint libraries >= 0.16... configure: error: Did not
find gnome-print installed
i looked at the configure script to see where it is looking for
gnome-print and found this
gnome-config --modversion print | sed -e "s/gnome-print-//"
what can i do to get gnome-config to recognize gnome-print, or how else
can I get by this?

If any lib you need is compiled and installed correctly, but gnome-config fails
to see it, the lib[name]Conf.sh file is not in gnome-config's directory
(/usr/lib on my system running Deb). I had the same problem because the
libraries installed themselves and their Conf file in /usr/local/lib. What you
need to do is copy (or symlink) the appropriate Conf files in /usr/lib (or
whatever directory it is on your system).

e.g: on my system, for gnome-print, I had to symlink
/usr/local/lib/printConf.sh to /usr/lib/printConf.sh

There are other ways to work around this but this is the easiest one IMHO.

Guillaume Chamberland-Larose
The JFactory.NET