Re: [Evolution] Errors while compiling

On 20 May 2000, Aaron Kemp wrote:

that throws:
configure: error: gnome-libs 1.0.59 or higher is required.

gnome-config --version says:
gnome-libs 1.0.9

what have I done wrong?

1.0.9 means
major version 1
minor version 0
patch version 9

1.0.59 means
major version 1
minor version 0
patch version 59

1.0.9 is not greater then 1.0.59

I would strongly suggest that you upgrade to the latest gnome-libs before
trying to use evolution.  There have been a great number of bug fixes and
changes made since the 1.0.9 days.

--
Sejal Patel - CS 1312 STA       "I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
   sejal cc gatech edu          Why so can I, or so can any man; but will