Re: [Evolution] Re: mbox parsing

He means the "^From " line and not the "^From: " line.  i.e. the
very first line of the message that includes the envelope sender
and the date.

We know.

The format is something like:
      From user host Thu Dec 09 11:08:06 1999

Yes, that is how most systems write it, but there's no guarantee that
any of them will, and many mail programs use a simplified format when
they create their own mboxes.

You really can't rely on anything other than just /^From /.

And given that even mailers that do dutifully put the address and date
in will also dutifully escape lines that contain "From [not address
and date]", there shouldn't be any reason to have to try to parse out
the mbox From line, excepting the Solaris lossage already mentioned.

If anyone knows of some program that deals in mboxes that doesn't
escape /^From / lines on the assumption that "real" from lines need an
address and date, we'd like to know though, I guess.

-- Dan