Re: [Evolution] SMTP Problems

Ok,

I ran evolution-mail in another xterm before starting evolution and here is the output:

 evolution-mail: Yeeh! We have an owner!
 Decoding addresses -- smaclean ns sympatico ca
 Decoding addresses --
 Decoding addresses --
 sending : EHLO 192.168.0.2
 received: 501 Invalid domain syntax

 camel-smtp-transport::connect(): provider does not use AUTH

At this point, I get the error dialog box stating:

 Could not send message:
 HELO response error: Success: non-fatal.

When I telnet to the smtp provider, here is what I get:

 220 jubilee.ns.sympatico.ca ESMTP server (Post.Office v3.5.2 release 221 ID# 0-66967U86000L86000S0V35 ready
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 19:10:44 -0300

Typing EHLO 192.168.0.2 (I am behind a masqueraded box) in the telnet session produces the same "Invalid
domain syntax" error.
Again, sending mail via SMTP in evolution 0.1 worked fine with this provider.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stuart MacLean