Re: [Evolution] IMAP feedback in 0.2

[comments below]

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Adam Sleight wrote:
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:25:21 -0700
To: evolution helixcode com
From: "Adam Sleight" <adams linearcorp com>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] IMAP feedback in 0.2

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:39:51 -0700
 burtonator <burton relativity yi org> wrote:

#Just downloaded and installed Evolution 0.2.... this thing is AWESOME!

--I agree. Excellent work!  I'm using IMAPv4 so not sure if these errors
also
occur under POP3 or not. I've tried 4 or 5 times search 'Body or Subject
Contains' and it's bombed each time.

This has been fixed in the latest CVS, the reason it crashed was because
your IMAP provider probably didn't support SEARCHing, in this case
Evolution will now grey-out the search tool so you can't use it (eventually
we might code some sort of work-around so you can search on IMAP even if it
doesn't support SEARCH).

--First time I used it it didn't exihbit the following behavior but now
it does.
Clicking Delete will not draw a cross line until I move to another
message.
However, if I hit the Delete Key it works fine draws a line through the
message.

This has also been fixed in the latest CVS. I had forgotten to have IMAP
signal that a message/folder has changed so it was never updated in the
GUI. There was also one location in the mbox code that needed to have the
signals added, so I fixed that too.

Still can't figure out when hitting Delete Key where exactly does it skip
next? Based on from, subject, time, thread...I can't figure it out for
the life
of me.  It'll go to messages I've marked deleted, or new ones, etc. Help.

I'm not sure :-)
I think this selection is based on how e-table widget handles it, and to
know for sure I'd have to ask Chris Lahey who isn't currently here.

--Request:  I like how when scrolling down a message body that doesn't
fit
within the screen it'll keep the focus & continue to highlight the
message so
one can hit the UP/DOWN arrow or DELETE key.  How about having PageUp and
PageDown keys to move through the body of the messages rather than having
resort to the mouse to scroll up & down through a long message.  Perhaps
CTRL-PageUp and CTRL-PageDown would scroll a 5 or 10 or whatever messages
through the list view. This would speed up reading significantly avoiding
the
dreaded mouse.

I believe we have plans to attach key accelerators to as much as we
possibly can, and also have them configurable.

Or if the PageUp/Down keys are going to be for something else how about
using
the left & right arrow keys.

--Currently is the timeout 5 seconds for having the focus on a message
before it
is marked read?

The current timeout is set to 1.5 seconds, we also plan to have this
configurable by 1.0

--When attempting to expunge messages from IMAP account it shows an
unknown
error.  I'm logging ALL INFO on the IMAP server and don't see a thing.
Is it
even attempting to?  Or is it yet to be implemented?

Expunge currently does send the EXPUNGE command to the IMAP server, but I
have commented out the code that marks messages as deleted, so expunge
won't actually do a whole lot :-)
I did this to protect beta testers from accidently deleting their mail :-)

--When I was REPLYING it wouldn't wrap the text and far right side the
end
wouldn't show any text.  So I typed the remaining text which I thought it
didn't
take (since it didn't display it) and BCC'd myself and it actually did
take the
input. Weird. I just tried this in COMPOSE and it did wrap text so go
figure.

The reason for this is because all text wrapped in the <PRE> html tag does
not get wrapped (all replied text is wrapped in <PRE>)

--Refile a message to Trash folder it says unable to create the folder
even
though it's already created.  Refile a message to a Local folder doesn't
work
either. Error couldn't retrieve message 1219 from imap server. POP users
does
Refiling work for you?

I have fixed this problem in CVS as well, the problem was that the current
state of the IMAP server wasn't correct.

Jeff

--
Spruce: anything else would be uncivilized