[Evolution] A bit of an update on the composer cursor problem

I Just answered an email, and noticed the following behavior in the
editor window which can be helpful for people working on that part:

I started out with an email sent to me by the recipient, which meant
that I erased the previous message. This had the effect that what I
wrote was being displayed in a fixed-width font (as was the original
text); the cursor followed the text I wrote prefectly. This seems to
suggest that the careening-cursor problem is due to an assumption in the
code that all characters are of the same width.

The second effect was that as long as I was writing with that font, no
line breaking occurred. The left hand side scrolled off the page as I
was writing.

As soon as i induced a line break with the CR key, I got onto a new
line, with the standard variable-width font, and the careening cursor
effect started.

Quite apart from this bug, I would wish that there was an option to
always use a fixed-width font when composing an email, as I sometimes
wish to present the recipients with data in a tabular format (like
grades for a class), that does not break horribly when viewed by the
recipient.. Also, a fixed-width font is the only way to guarantee in
general that the mail will look to the recipient  approximately like the
one I sent.

Other than this, I _really_ like what I see in Evoolution; I have
scrapped Pine, probably forever...

/Janne