Re: Fwd: Re: [Evolution] error message when starting evolution

On Thursday 21 December 2000 10:26, Dan Winship wrote:
:: > Resending since I'm so impatient. :)  Anyone else on this list have an
:: > idea why I would be getting the error above when trying to start
:: > Evolution?
::
:: There are dozens of possibilities.
::
:: My guess (based on your many previous messages) is that it's something
:: along the lines of: one of evolution's dependencies was compiled
:: against a copy of a library installed in one prefix, which you later
:: uninstalled and then built into another prefix and compiled other
:: packages against.
::
:: The only way you are going to get Evolution working on that machine at
:: this point is to completely obliterate all trace of every package that
:: you have built from source in the course of trying to get Evolution to
:: run, and start over. You may want to install from RPMs this time.
::
:: -- Dan

Thanks Dan...I'll try this.

-Matt