[Evolution] scripty tweaks and folder view not updating?

A question and a problem.

The question is - how does one start applying guile tweaks to things? Is
there an interface for it, or will there be? As one example, I'd like to
generate a unique from address for each mail, and it seems a better
solution to use a guile hook than to hardcode serial cookie support into
mail identities.

The problem mentioned is that folder views don't seem to update with new
mail (all my mail is kept on an IMAP server). The unread message count
increments appropriately with Get Mail, but the folder views frequently
(but not always) don't show any new messages. The status bar doesn't do
the usual "Loading imap://..." thing. Known problem?

m.