Re: [Evolution] Mail->Calendar proposal

I would love for Evolution for some way to process meeting
invitations from MS Exchange (these email messages have their own
format) and place the time and date into a calendar.

Evolution CAN process them if you turn on "send iCalendar meeting
requests" in the Outlook options. (I forget exactly where it is...).
They show up as attachments like anything else, with options to add it
to your calendar and respond by mail. (The interface is a bit rough
right now.)

We looked into supporting the TNEF-style meeting requests, since the
TNEF format is documented, but it turns out that the meeting requests
are just a simple TNEF wrapper around an encoded MAPI stream, meaning
the problem is back to decoding MAPI.

Or more globally, is there a developer FAQ anywhere?

Unfortunately, no. The best way to get involved is to hang out on the
maliing lists, read the whitepapers on www.helixcode.com, and then
dive into the source code. Parts of it are reasonably well documented.

-- Dan