Re: [Evolution] STILL no compose window - SOLVED. -> NO

> On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 06:45:56PM -0500, Michael Leone wrote:
> > > OK, so I've downloaded the updated gtkhtml-devel RPM, since I had the
> > > "Compose" crash after updating to 0.8.
> >
> > Now, several hours later, there iare also bonobo and bonobo-devel
> > updated RPMs available.
> >
> > And now, I can finally use the "Compose" feature.
> >
> > Somehow, the updates did not come out as a group.  So the 1st update
> > did nothing. When I had all 3 updated packages, everything started
> > working.
> >
> > As another poster commented, Helix REALLY needs to make sure that this
> > type of thing doesn't happen again. That the release versions are fully
> > tested (using the proposed release RPMs, the way a standard user -
> > i.e., not someone who compiles from CVS - would install them), and that
> > the fix works (and is issued with all necessary components).
>
> Our Evolution RPMS are not included with the rest of Helix GNOME for a
> reason. They are not supported in any way, and are provided only as a
> convenience to our users. Our priority is to keep Helix GNOME running
> smoothly.

I compiled everything from scratch (like 0.5 and 0.6) and have the same problem: I cannot open a composer window (compose and reply does not work). What kind of source do I have to get to make things work?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Heinz-Josef Claes
hjclaes web de

PS: This is my first mail since half a year not written with evolution :-(