Re: [Evolution] Crazy Idea about NNTP

On 15 Dec 2000 15:13:45 -0600, Raymond S. Swaim wrote:
Considering that NNTP isn't a priority right now, and is still in early
development, I was just thinking....  Would it be possible to link and embed
the Pan newsreader into Evolution?  Sorta as a plug-in?

  Uhm, we could certainly embed Pan the stupid way (i.e. just put the
application in the shell), but then it would be just, uhm, Pan, except
that it wouldn't run in its own window.  :-)

  We still want to use our ETree view, our composer, etc. etc., so the
only reasonable thing I can think of is borrowing some of the NNTP code
from it.  But still, it would have to be ported to Camel...

  Unfortunately, I actually don't see a chance of sharing much code
here.

--
Ettore